Total Pageviews

Sunday 24 July 2011

Shut up Knave, let the child speak

  And so it's time for a personal revolution. No more sitting around taking punches. No more feeling a bitter sting and having salt thrown upon my wounds. This is an uprising, and you'd be best warned not to steal. To put it more simply; I'm fed up and it's war on thee if the challenge arises.
  I had an epiphany recently. A simple one really. Pisses me off that I hadn't realised it earlier, but oh well, these things come to shore as the tides and waves allow it. This is once again on the topic of being a 'nice guy'. A 'nice guy' is basically just someone who offers help when asked, but is not inclined to accept taking advantage of someone. Now, there is a distinction between taking advantage of someone and accepting their help. Extortion, for personal gain, that will lead to some negative effects on the other person, is taking advantage of someone. Nice people aren't inclined to do so because they themselves are used to this type of behaviour. Think of it this way, a nice guy is always the friend you can trust to put him/herself last and you first. Your concerns come first and they will help you to realise those concerns even at their own cost. Of course, this is an extreme version of it.
  Now, what I have noticed is that I am also a nice guy to an extend. When asked to do something for someone I usually oblige. Of course I haven't been thoroughly tested in this. No stranger has ever come up to me and asked me to help him or her with something grave, like burying a dead body or changing a wheel. No, I can only use my relationships with my friends and family as an example and a realm for my 'niceness' to roll around in.
  So, here is what I proclaim; I am done being overtly nice to people just because I know them a little bit. I'm going to learn how to say 'no', a lot more properly than I used to. I am only going to be pleasant and helpful to those who deserve it and are equally selfless. Maybe then things will go right. I don't know. All I know is that I am tired of being a carpet to an extend. Fuck, this was a childish piece of writing, don't you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment